10 things I smell… July 18, 2008Posted by astralwicks in Blogging, Experience, india, Mumbai, Personal, Random, Thoughts, Urban Life, Writing.
Tags: life in mumbai, mumbai life, smell, travel notes, versova
Some days back I had written a post -10 things I see everyday in Mumbai. Somebody suggested why not 10 things that I smell more or less daily! So here it is.
It is actually a list of the various things that I consume or see other’s consume…even the garbage, mud combination
- Tea or Coffee (go for the tea, warm water and honey combination. It is a great start. Coffee ratio – 75% water 25% milk and a little sugar and lots of coffee without chicory)
- Soap while bathing. Another tip – never use any soap on the face.
- Fishes – early morning sellers. In Versova it was an all-pervading smell, because it is a fishing village but in Amboli you get it only when you cross the few that sell.
- Mix of garbage, water, mud. Can’t put a smell to it though.
- Freshly fried wada and bhajji for folks on the run.
- Smoke. Different kinds of smoke in fact.
- Cigarettes. You can smell them better after quitting.
- The air conditioned room has a different smell – depending on how well it is functioning. Mine gives a musty, dusty smell.
- The masala in the office tea so strong that it kills all tea in it.
- All autos smell differently – a mix of various smells of the people it transported.
- The smell of the season – it’s a confusing mix of sun, humidity, rain and clouds and the hidden omniscient smell of fish.
- Last but not the least…milk!